Serves: 10-12 people
- Maida/ Plain Flour: 1 ¼ cup
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: 200 ml
- Baking pwd: 1 tsp
- Baking soda: ½ tsp
- Cardamom pwd: ¼ tsp
- Salt: ¼ tsp
- Unsalted Melted Butter: ½ cup (~100 gms)
- Pineapple crushed (Tinned): ½ cup (Seive the juice and keep aside for later use)
- Pineapple Juice: ½ cup (Seived above from the tinned pineapple slices)
- Pineapple Juice: 3-4 tbsp (Seived above from the tinned pineapple slices) (for brushing on the cake)
- For icing:
- Double Extra Thick Cream: 300 ml
- Powdered sugar: 5-6 tbsp
- Vanilla essence/ Pineapple essence: 2-3 tsp
- For decoration:
- Grated chocolate/ glaced cherries
- Pineapple pieces
- Gems/ Choco chips
- Preheat the oven at 160◦C.
- In a pan add all the dry ingredients: Maida, Baking soda, Baking pwd, cardamom pwd, salt. Mix well.
- Now add condensed milk, melted butter, pineapple crushed, pineapple juice (1/2 cup). Gently fold it. Don’t stir rigorously. Pour the mixture in the greased baking dish.
- Bake at 160◦C for 25-30 mins.
- Take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- To check if the cake is ready:
- Put the knife in the center of the cake and the knife should come out clean. Also, the cake will start leaving sides once its ready.
- Run a knife around the edges of the cake to separate the cake from the dish.
- Now put a plate on the baking dish (having cake).Turn the dish upside down on plate.
- Tap gently on the top (at the back of the dish). The cake will come out on plate.
- Brushing with pineapple juice: While the cake is still warm, prick it with fork gently (make sure that you don’t break the cake). Now spread the pineapple juice (3-4 tbsp) on the cake with spoon/ brush. (This will keep the cake moist)
- For icing:
- Beat the cream till it becomes thick. (I did with handmixer)
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla essence. Mix properly.
- Spread the cream on the cake on all sides.
- Decorate with pineapple pieces, gems or choco chips.
- Sprinkle some grated chocolate on the top.
Brushing the cake with pineapple juice is an important step that helps to keep the cake soft and moist.