- Ghee: 1 tbsp
- Besan: 2 tbsp
- Milk: ~2- 2.5 cup
- Cardamom pwd: 1 tsp
- Sugar/ Indian shakkar: 1/2 cup ( or to taste)
- Dry fruits: Almonds, Raisins, Cashews ( chopped)
- Cornflour: 1 tbsp (optional)
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add besan and roast it for 2-3 mins on low flame. (Till besan turns light brown/ golden brown colour). Keep stirring.
- Now slowly add milk and mix it well. (Add a little amount of milk at a time and stir so that besan gets mixed in milk. ). Let it boil for 3-4 mins.
- Add sugar. Keep stirring continuously.
- Mix cornflour in a little milk or water. Add it to kheer.
- Take a boil. If the kheer is too thick for you, add more milk.
- Turn off the flame. Add cardamom pwd and chopped dry fruits.
- Let it cool for 3-4 hours. (Best taste if served cold)
- Ready to serve.