- Wash the daal and dip it in ample water (~ 1.5 glass) for 20- 35 mins.
- In a pan, add daal and water (in which daal was soaked). Add 1 tsp salt.
- Take a boil and cook on low flame for 10-15 mins. Drain the water and put the daal in strainer.
- Knead dough with water. (Prepare dough by mixing just sufficient water(~ 1/2 cup). Knead well with hands till dough becomes soft)
- Stuffing: Mix daal, onion, salt, carom seeds, red chilli pwd. Mix them properly.
- Heat non-stick tawa/ flat pan.
- Take little dough and make small ball. Dust with wheat flour.
- Roll to make chapati on the rolling board. Put 1 tbsp of stuffing on the centre of chapati. Seal carefully on all sides(again to form a ball).
- Roll it again with rolling pin (belan) to form parantha, dusting with flour to prevent it from sticking to board.
- Put parantha on tawa. Flip when it is slightly cooked (nearly after a few seconds)
- Flip again after a few seconds(when parantha turns slight brown).Now oil the top of parantha and flip it again.
- Oil the other side also.Flip it and heat for another few seconds till done.
- Ready to serve with butter, curd or pickle.