Benefits of Methi/ Fenugreek Leaves:
Fenugreek leaves/ methi improves digestion and are excellent source of iron. They help in curing diabetes, various skin inflammations and are good for lactating mothers.
- Fenugreek Leaves: 1 bunch
- Cream/ malai: 1/2 cup (beated)
- Peas: 1 cup (boiled)
- Salt: to taste
- Butter: 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Asafoetida: a pinch
- Cardomom pwd: 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon pwd: 1/4 tsp
- Onion: 1
- Sugar: 1tsp
- Cashew nut paste: 1 tsp
- Curd: 2 tsp
- Green chilli: 2
- Ginger Garlic paste: 1-2 tsp
- Dip fenugreek leaves in hot salted water for 5 minutes .
- Wash propely under tap water. Remove excess water.
- Grind onion and green chilli to form paste.
- Heat butter in pan. Add cumin seeds and asfoetida. Let them splutter.
- Add onion-chilli paste, ginger garlic paste and cashew paste. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt, sugar, curd, cinnamon and cardamom pwd.
- Add fenugreek leaves, peas and cream. Mix well. Cook till done (till you get thick gravy).
- Ready to serve with chapati, parantha, nan or bread.