- Washed Moong dal: 1 cup
- Chana dal: 2 tbsp
- Sooji: 1/2 cup
- Ginger paste: 1-2 tsp
- Green chilly: 1 (chopped)
- Black Pepper pwd: to taste
- Salt: to taste
- Onion: 1 (chopped finely)
- Asafoetida: a pinch
- Water: to make batter
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Wash and Soak both the dals in water for 4-5 hours.
- Grind the dals, green chilli, sooji and ginger paste to form a smooth batter. (Use a little water, if neede)
- Add onion, salt, asafoetida and fresh coriander leaves to the batter and mix well.
- The consistency of the batter should be semi- viscous.
- Heat non-stick pan and oil it slightly.
- Put a ladle full of batter on it and spread it flat in the form of chapati.
- Oil it slightly on top as well.
- Flip it when done.
- Cook the other side.
- Serve with any chutney of your choice.
- You can refrigerate the batter for 2-3 days and make fresh dosas as required.
- You can use paneer as topping.
- If you are in hurry, dip dal in warm water for 2 hours.