The most important thing in making Sandesh is that your chenna/ paneer needs to be very very soft. And softness of the chenna depends on the way you make it.
- Milk: 1 Litre
- Lemon Juice: 3-5 tbsp
- Powdered sugar: 1/8 cup
- Green Cardamom pwd: 1 tsp (optional)
- Saffron strands: a few (optional)
- Pistachios (chopped)
- Boil milk and add lemon juice slowly while stirring continuously. The milk will start curdling.
- When paneer separates from water, switch off the gas.
- Strain the water with muslin cloth.
- While chenna is hot, start kneading it on a flat pan/ kitchen shelf with hand until it becomes soft and smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, cardamom pwd and kesar and knead well again.
- Make in round balls/ any desired shape.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.
- U can also use curd water instead of lemon juice. For 1L milk, ¼ cup of curd water will suffice. Warm the milk. Cool down a bit. Add curd water and it will curdle slowly in 3-5 mins. Strain the water with muslin cloth. Your chenna is ready.