Benefits of Green beans/ String Beans:
Green beans are good source of Vitamins like vitamin A, C, K ,a good source of manganese, calcium, potassium and iron. They are low in calorie and a good source of proteins and fibre. They help in strengthening the immune system, keep our bones and muscles strong and are also known to reduce migrane attacks.
- Beans: 1/2 cup (chopped into small pieces)
- Potato: 1 (big) (chopped)
- Oil: 1tbsp
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: as per taste
- Turmeric powder: a pinch
- Amchur Pwd (Mango Pwd): 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Red Chilli Pwd: as per taste
- Coriander pwd: 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Fennel Pwd: 1/ 2 tsp (optional)
- Heat oil in pan. Add cumin seeds. Let them splutter. Add turmeric pwd.
- Add potatoes, beans and all the remaining spices.
- If needed add little water.
- Cook on low flame (for approx 10 mins) till done.
- Ready to serve with Chapati, Nan or Parantha.