- In a flat pan, put whole wheat flour, fenugreek leaves, salt.
- Knead dough with water. (Prepare dough by mixing just sufficient water(~ 1/2 cup). Knead well with hands till dough becomes soft)
- Take a little dough and make a small ball. Dust it with flour.
- Roll it to make chapati in the rolling board with rolling pin. Put a little salt, red chilli pwd, carom seeds(4-5 ), fennel seeds(2-3) on the chapati. Spread them with fingers. Put onion (1tbsp) on centre of chapati and seal from all sides (again to make a ball).
- Roll it again to form parantha, dusting with flour to prevent from sticking to the rolling board.
- Heat non-stick pan/ tawa.
- Put parantha on tawa. Flip when it is slightly cooked (nearly after a few seconds).
- Flip again after a few seconds( when parantha turns slight brown). Now oil the top of parantha and flip it again.
- Oil the other side also. Flip it and heat for another few seconds till done.
- Ready to serve with butter, curd, pickle or any vegetable curry.