Shelf Life: 1-2 days, if referigerated
- Fresh Coriander leaves: 1 small bunch (~7-8 springs) (Washed properly)
- Tomato: 2 (chopped)
- Onion: 1 (chopped)
- Ginger: 1 piece (medium) (chopped)
- Garlic: 3-4 cloves (chopped)
- Fresh Coconut pieces (chopped/ grated): 1/4 cup
- Salt: to taste
- Green chilli: 1 (chopped)
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Curry leaves: a few
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in pan. Add mustard seeds. Let them splutter. Add curry leaves.
- Add garlic, ginger, onion, salt and green chilli. Cook for 1-2 mins. Add coconut. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add tomatoes. Cook for 5-6 mins till tomatoes become soft.
- Add coriander leaves.Cook for a minute.
- Turn off the gas and let it cool.
- Grind this mixture to form a smooth chutney.
- Ready to serve with Appam, Dosa, Idli, Uthapam.