- Rice: 5 tbsp (soaked in water for 10- 15 mins)
- Full Fat milk: 1 L
- Green cardamom pwd: 1/2 tsp
- Saffron/ Kesar : a few strands (Yellow colour- optional)
- Sugar: 3/4 cup
- Pistachios (chopped)
- Almonds (blanched and chopped) (optional)
- Dip saffron strands in 2 tbsp of milk.
- Coarsely grind soaked rice. Dissolve in a little cold milk/ water.
- In a non-stick pan, boil milk.
- Add rice paste to the milk.
- Cover and cook on low flame till rice is completely cooked (~20-25 mins).
- Add saffron, sugar, cardamom pwd. Cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Garnish with almonds and pistachios.
- Cool in refrigerator for about 1-2 hours and Serve.