Indian Gooseberry (Amla) is a very healthy and nutritious fruit. Being a good source of Vitamin C and other vitamins and minerals, it helps build body's immunity against diseases. Its a good anti-oxidant and has antibiotic properties. Amla is good for hair, eyes, heart muscles, liver, stomach, lowers body sugar and cholesterol, aids digestion and flushes out body waste.
- Indian Gooseberry (Amla) : 10- 15 pieces
- Salt: to taste
- Red chilli pwd: to taste
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Oil: 3-4 tbsp
- Green chilly: 1-2 (chopped) (optional)
- Fennel pwd (Saunf): 1 tsp
- Coriander pwd: 1 tsp
- Turmeric pwd: 1/2 tsp
- Wash gooseberry and keep aside.
- Wipe gooseberry with clean cloth.
- Boil gooseberry pieces in salty water for 5-7 mins until they become soft.
- Heat oil in pan. Add mustard seeds. Let them splutter.
- Add salt, turmeric pwd, fennel pwd, coriander pwd, red chilli pwd, gooseberry and green chilli.
- Cook for 1-2 mins. Turn off the flame and cover it.
- Let it stay covered and allow it cool for 5-7 mins.
- Ready to serve.
- Gooseberry pickle can last upto 10-15 days, if refrigerated .