Serves: 4-5 paranthas
- Boiled Potatoes: 3-4
- Onion: 1(big ) (Chopped)
- Salt: to taste
- Fennel pwd: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander pwd: 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilli: 1 (small) (chopped)
- Garam Masala: 1/4 tsp (Optional)
- Whole Meal Flour/ Wheat Flour: 1 cup
- Oil: 5-6 tbsp
- Knead dough with water.(Prepare dough by mixing flour and just sufficient water(~1/2 cup).Knead well with hands till the dough becomes soft)
- Stuffing: Peel the boiled potaoes and mash them (or grate them). Add onion, green chilli, salt, fennel pwd, coriander pwd, garam masala. Mix them properly.
- Heat non-stick tawa/ flat pan.
- Take little dough and make small ball. Dust with wheat flour.
- Roll to make chapati on the rolling board. Put 1 tbsp of stuffing on the centre of chapati. Seal carefully on all sides(again to form a ball).
- Roll it again with rolling pin (belan) to form parantha, dusting with flour to prevent it from sticking to board.
- Put parantha on tawa. Flip when it is slightly cooked (nearly after a few seconds)
- Flip again after a few seconds(when parantha turns slight brown).Now oil the top of parantha and flip it again.
- Oil the other side also.Flip it and heat for another few seconds till done.
- Ready to serve with butter, curd or pickle.