This daal(lentil) is a mixture of two daals. Split black gram (urad dal) and Split bengal gram (chana daal).
- Split black gram (Urad daal): 1/4 bowl
- Split Bengal gram (Chana daal): 1/4 bowl
- Onion: 1 (Chopped)
- Tomato: 1 (Chopped)
- Ginger: a small piece (Chopped)
- Salt: to taste
- Turmeric pwd: 1/2 tsp
- Green chilli: 1 (chopped)
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Oil: 1-2 tbsp
- Mix split bengal gram and split black gram together. Wash them properly.
- Dip the above daals in ample water (~1-2 cup) for 30-40 mins. (Don't throw the water away, we'll use it to pressure cook daal)
- Seasoning/ Tadka:
- Heat oil in pan. Add cumin seeds. Let them splutter.
- Add chopped onions, ginger, green chilli. Cook on low flame till translucent. Add Tomatoes.
- Cook till done.
- On high flame, take 1-2 whistles and then cook on low flame for 15-20 mins.