Benefits of Aubergine/ Eggplant:
Aubergine is a good source of calcium, phophorous, potassium and folic acid. It is a low calorie food, helps maintain cholesterol levels and is good for heart.
- Purple eggplant /Aubergine /Baingan : 5-6 pieces
- Boiled Potato : 2
- Onion: 1 (chopped)
- Tomato: 1(chopped)
- Mango pwd (Amchur): 1/2 tsp
- Oil: 2-3 tbsp
- Salt: to taste
- Red Chilli pwd: to taste
- Fennel pwd: 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric pwd: 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander pwd: 1/2 tsp
- Chop eggplant (You can chop it after peeling or without peeling, as per your liking).
- Peel boiled potatoes and chop them.
- Heat oil in pan. Add cumin seeds. Let them splutter.
- Add onion, salt, turmeric pwd. Cook till translucent on low flame. Add tomatoes. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add eggplant. Cook on low flame for 10-12 mins till it becomes tender.
- Add mango pwd, fennel pwd, coriander pwd, red chilli pwd. Mix properly. Add potato.
- Cover the lid and cook on low flame for 4-5 mins.(If needed, add more oil )
- Ready to serve with chapati or parantha.