Moong daal is low in fats and calories and rich in proteins. It is very light, easy to digest and good for stomach.
- Split Yellow Lentil / Moong Daal (Dhuli): 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Turmeric pwd: 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli pwd: to taste
- Salt: to taste
- Onion: 1 (chopped)
- Tomato: 1 (chopped)
- Ginger: 1/2 inch piece (chopped)
- Garlic: 1 clove (chopped)
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Wash daal properly.
- Heat oil in pan. Add cumin seeds. Let them splutter.
- Add onion, ginger and garlic. Cook till light brown.
- Add tomato, turmeric pwd, salt, red chilli pwd. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add moong daal and a little water (~1/4 cup). Cover with lid (Don't pressure cook it.)
- Cook till done on low flame (~ 7-10 mins)
- Ready to be served with Indian Bread/ Chapati/ Parantha and curd.