- Plain Flour/ Maida: 2 cups
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Yogurt: 1 tbsp
- Baking Soda: 1/4 tsp
- Sugar: 1 tsp
- Milk: 1/2 cup
- For stuffing:
- Paneer / Indian Cottage cheese: 200 gms (grated)
- Salt: to taste
- Red chilli pwd: 1 tsp
- Chaat masala: 1/2 tsp
- coriander leaves: a few (chopped)
- In a pan, sieve maida and baking soda. Add salt, sugar. Mix this dry mixture properly with spoon/ hand.
- Add yogurt. Knead soft dough by slowly adding milk.
- Cover with damp cloth and let it rest for 1 hour.
- For stuffing, mix all the ingredients of stuffing and make balls/ pedas.
- Now, oil your both hands and make pedas/ balls from dough. Let them (dough pedas) rest for 5 mins.
- Roll dough pedas to form small poori/ roti. Put panner/stuffing ball in center and close from all sides to form a ball again. (You can use plain flour for dusting, if needed)
- Roll into 6 inch round kulcha. (You can roll with rolling pin or hand)
- Preheat oven to 288 deg C for 20 mins.
- Place kulchas on baking tray. Rub little water on surface of kulcha (after placing them on baking tray).
- Bake for 5-8 mins.
- Serve hot with yogurt/ butter.