This dish is made from ada.Traditionally Ada is made at home on banana leaf but now- a -days we get ready made Ada packets from market. I have tried this payasam from ready made Ada packet only.
- Ada: 1 cup
- Milk: 2 Litres
- Sugar: 2 cups
- Saffron strands: 2-3 (soaked in a little milk for 1/2 an hour)
- Green Cardamom pwd: 1/2-1 tsp
- Break ada in small pieces. Wash ada. Soak ada in hot water, cover and keep aside for 20 mins. Drain the water.
- In a pressure cooker, add milk, sugar, saffron (soaked in milk) and ada.
- Take 1 whistle and cook on low flame for 10 mins.
- Switch off the gas.
- Open the cooker and add cardamom powder.
- Cook uncovered for another 10 mins.
- Serve cold.