- Grind them properly and keep it overnight for fermentation
- Before making idlis, add salt in the batter.
- Slightly oil the idli moulds.
- Pour batter in the idli moulds and steam them for 10-15 mins.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or sambhar.
- If using microwave, 4-5 mins should suffice.
- To make soft idlis, soak a handful of poha along with rice and grind them well to a smooth thick batter.
- For idli batter, some people also use idli rava ( instead of boiled rice and idli rice) with urad daal.
- The ratio of idli rava : urad daal is 2.25 cup (idli rava): 1 cup (urad daal)