Shelf Life: 7 days (At room temp )
- Besan/ Gram Flour: 1 cup
- Perforated ladles: 2 (ladle with holes in it) (See pic on the right)
- Ghee: 1-2 tsp
- Salt: to taste (optional)
- Red chilli pwd: to taste (optional)
- Oil: for frying
- In a bowl/ pan, sieve besan. Add salt and red chilli pwd. Make batter by adding a little water at a time and stirring it continuously. The consistency of the batter should neither be thick nor thin. (consistency should be like Dosa Batter)
- Heat oil in pan.
- Take a perforated ladle and place it above the oil.
- Now pour 2-3 tbsp of batter on the perforated ladle and gently tap the ladle (or stir the batter on ladle with spoon). The small drops of batter/ boondis will fall in the oil.
- When the boondi is fried/ golden brown, take it out and place it on the tissue paper.
- When it cools down, Store in an air tight container.
- You can sprinkle dry crushed mint leaves on boondi (after frying) to enhance the flavour.