- For Dosa:
- Grind them properly and keep it overnight for fermentation
- For Red Chutney: (The below mixture gives approx 1 small bowl/ katori of chutney)
- Coconut: 1/4 cup
- Chana daal: 1 tbsp
- Urad daal: 1 tbsp
- Dry red chilli :3 (Whole)
- Ginger : 1 tsp (chopped)
- Garlic: 1-2 cloves
- Salt : to taste
- Sugar: 1 tsp (optional)
- Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Chopped onions: 1 bowl (optional- to sprinkle on dosa with red chutney)
- For Red Chutney:
- Heat oil in pan. Add chana daal, dry red chilli, urad daal, garlic, ginger, salt. Roast for 1-2 mins.
- Now grind it. Add coconut and lemon juice and grind again to form a smooth paste.
- I tried one with tomato chutney instead of red chutney.. The taste was quite good.
- If dosa batter is kept at 25 deg or higher temperature, then 12 hours would suffice for fermentation.
- If temp is less than 25 deg, then keep the batter for 24 hours for fermentation.
- For dosa batter, some people use only sona masoori rice with urad daal. They don't use idli rice. The ratio of sona masoori rice : urad daal is 2.25 cup (sona masoori rice): 1 cup (urad daal). Along this also add chana daal: 1 tbsp, fenugreek seeds: 1 tbsp. Rest everything is same as above.