Benefits of Pulses:
Pulses are rich in proteins and fiber.They are essential part of healthy diet. Pulses are low in fat, cholesterol, easy to digest and good for heart.
- Green grams/ Moong sabut: 1/3 cup
- Moth beans/ Matki/ Turkish Gram: 1/4 cup
- Onion:1 (chopped)
- Tomato: 1(chopped)
- Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Ginger: a small piece (chopped)
- Green chilli: 1(chopped)
- Salt: to taste
- Turmeric pwd: 1/2 tsp
- Oil: 1-2 tbsp
- Wash green grams(moong sabut) and moth beans properly and soak in ample water (~3 cups) for 10-15 mins.
- Pressure cook them with salt and water. Take 1-2 whistles on high flame and cook on low flame for 1/2 hour.
- Seasoning/ Tadka:
- Heat oil in pan. Add cumin seeds. Let them splutter.
- Add chopped onions, ginger, green chilli. Cook on low flame till translucent. Add Tomatoes.
- Cook till done.